Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Jacaranda

In article ,
someone wrote:

"bobharvey" wrote in message
Possible re-post. I posted on this yesterday via Gurgle Gropes,, but
it has not appeared there today.

Yesterday I was driven under an arching avenue of Jacaranda trees in
full blossom, an endless corridor of lavender-blue against a dark and
thundery african sky. It was heartbreakingly beautiful, and set me
wondering.

Can I grow the thing in Lincolnshire? Our ever-changing climate is
making me wonder about lemons and peaches, but what about Jacaranda?

I saw the same thing in an avenue in Buenos Aires, the trees were so
beautiful I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.

I have some Jacaranda seeds I purchased in Tenerife recently, so I'm going
to see if I can get them going. If we all have friends with large enough
greenhouses, or even polytunnels, who will host them, who knows, maybe
they'll bloom.

I picked mine off a tree, and am doing the same. I am not expecting
it to work, as apparently they don't flower until fairly large.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.