Old 10-04-2003, 06:20 PM
subbykins{Chrd}

Default Snow!

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:27:48 +0100, "Alison"
o.uk wrote:

Yeeeks whereabouts are you!!! We have had an exceptionally (and unusually)
good March and beginning of April here on the east coast of Scotland.
Usually March brings a fair bit of snow and couldn't be ruled out in April
either but so far, not a flake :-) As with frost but we haven't seen any of
that since February (*very* suspicious!!)

In previous years the plants haven't seemed to mind an April snowfall but
it's a hard frost that they hate - still time for that so the the bubblewrap
remains on the greenhouse and fleece is at the ready for anything outdoors
that might just have enjoyed the unseasonal weather too much and gone into
overdrive. Bulbs seem to withstand anything, they just slow down in growth
a little.

Believe it or not I'm in East London, but fortunately the snow didn't
settle or last long, and on arrival home tonight the tulips have
suffered no ill effects. I'll have to wait until the weekend to see
if anything else has been damaged.

Mad thing is Mother's day we had a lovely barbecue and spent the whole
afternoon sitting out in the garden.

"The only time you don't fail is the last time you try anything -- and it
works."

- William Strong

subbykins{Chrd}