Old 09-11-2008, 03:35 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bob Bob is offline

Default Banana Plant Question

I have a drawf banana tree. I have had it for 6 yrs now, I just put it in
the sunroom at my grandparents. It's been doing great gets a little big ever
yr. it will turn a little brown on the leaves and lose some at first.
Bob

"Alan Rubin" wrote in message
We would appreciate some assistance please. We live on Long Island, NY, in
zone 7. The last couple of years we have grown a beautiful Banana Plant in
a pot, as an annual, discarding it at the end of each growing season.
Recently we heard that perhaps we could bring it indoors for the winter,
place it in our basement (cool and dark), not water it, and be able to
bring it outside again next spring. We have no desire to grow bananas, but
thought that maybe we could keep the plant alive from year to year in that
manner.

Does anyone know if that is possible, and if so, exactly what instructions
we would have to follow in order to do so? Thanks very much in advance.