Old 09-11-2008, 06:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Banana Plant Question

In article ,
"Alan Rubin" wrote:

We would appreciate some assistance please. We live on Long Island, NY, in
zone 7. The last couple of years we have grown a beautiful Banana Plant in a
pot, as an annual, discarding it at the end of each growing season. Recently
we heard that perhaps we could bring it indoors for the winter, place it in
our basement (cool and dark), not water it, and be able to bring it outside
again next spring. We have no desire to grow bananas, but thought that maybe
we could keep the plant alive from year to year in that manner.

Does anyone know if that is possible, and if so, exactly what instructions
we would have to follow in order to do so? Thanks very much in advance.

Fairweather Gardens used to have a hardy banana for sell seems not
available now.

Maybe Japanese Banana of interest.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/1251/

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey Usa

Wes Groleau wrote
³Change is inevitable.
Conservatives should learn that "inevitable" is not a synonym for "bad."
Liberals need to learn that "inevitable" is not a synonym for "good."

-- WWG