Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default removing old shrubs

On Nov 10, 1:46 pm, "Eleni"
wrote:
Hi

I am wanting to remove several old fuschias and a hydrangea. They are sited
either between a concrete path and a patio area or next to a low brick wall,
in beds about 3 foot wide. I am wanting to do this organically if possible
but obviously don't want to disturb the paths and wall if it can be helped.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Eleni.

They don't have huge roots Eleni and I have moved both with a minimum
of effort using a sharp spade to cut the roots off under the soil.
Both are very easy to propagate from cuttings if you actually wanted
them growing elsewhere?

Judith