Old 13-11-2008, 04:27 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default I had a tree cut down...

"Jimmy" wrote in message
I had a tree cut down in the front yard and the stump removed. Now the
roots and ( I think ) the stump down deep is rotting and making it hard to
mow the grass and mushrooms. Like stepping into a hole. I was thinking
about tilling the spots and removing the rotting wood, adding soil and
planting grass seed. Anyone know if this will work or should I just wait
till it's all rotten?

Thanks

If oak, watch out for oak wilt. Exposing the roots to open air and fungus
may bring such a condition on.
--
Dave

If it looks like fish, smells like fish, its not
a cantaloupe.