Old 13-11-2008, 07:26 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default I had a tree cut down...

on 11/13/2008 7:23 AM Jimmy said the following:
I had a tree cut down in the front yard and the stump removed. Now the roots
and ( I think ) the stump down deep is rotting and making it hard to mow the
grass and mushrooms. Like stepping into a hole. I was thinking about tilling
the spots and removing the rotting wood, adding soil and planting grass
seed. Anyone know if this will work or should I just wait till it's all
rotten?

Thanks

My solution is to slice around the depression and remove the clump(s) of
lawn. Fill the depression with soil, tamp it down, replace the lawn
clump(s), an give the area a drink of water.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY