Old 13-11-2008, 11:28 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Art Art is offline

Default I had a tree cut down...

Dioclese wrote:
"Jimmy" wrote in message
I had a tree cut down in the front yard and the stump removed. Now the
roots and ( I think ) the stump down deep is rotting and making it hard to
mow the grass and mushrooms. Like stepping into a hole. I was thinking
about tilling the spots and removing the rotting wood, adding soil and
planting grass seed. Anyone know if this will work or should I just wait
till it's all rotten?

Thanks

If oak, watch out for oak wilt. Exposing the roots to open air and fungus
may bring such a condition on.

I'm not exactly sure what oak wilt is but if the tree was cut down and
all that's left is an underground stump and roots, then what does oak
wilt matter?

--
Art