Old 13-11-2008, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Eleni[_3_] Eleni[_3_] is offline

Default removing old shrubs

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:46:53 -0000, "Eleni"
wrote:

Hi

I am wanting to remove several old fuschias and a hydrangea. They are
sited
either between a concrete path and a patio area or next to a low brick
wall,
in beds about 3 foot wide. I am wanting to do this organically if
possible
but obviously don't want to disturb the paths and wall if it can be
helped.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Eleni.

As the others have said, just dig them out with a sharp spade. But be
aware that both fuchsias and hydrangeas can shoot again from severed
roots, so keep a look-out for suckers and rip them out if they appear.

--

Chris

Gardening in West Cornwall overlooking the sea.
Mild, but very exposed to salt gales

Thanks for the advice from everyone, reassuring that it doesn't seem too
difficult a task.

Eleni.