Old 16-11-2008, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
alanr[_2_] alanr[_2_] is offline

Default String beans

I'm new to gardening. We live in a semi tropical zone and planted some
string beans early October. The 9 plants climbed the 2.5m poles we placed
and appeared to be doing fine when all of a sudden the leaves in the center
area of the plant have wilted and fallen off. The top of the plants are
doing OK and the bottom is doing better. There is no evidence I can see of
insect or disease. Temperatures have been 25 - 30 C and plenty of rain. We
purchased the soil for our little garden, perhaps we should fertilize?
Everything else, broccoli, carrot, garlic, lettuce, tomato and celery is
doing OK.
Any suggestions?
Thank You
Al