Old 16-11-2008, 04:15 AM posted to rec.ponds
[email protected] adavisus@aol.com is offline

Default winterize a small pond

Hi Karen,
Checkout the more competently moderated message boards such as Koiphen
or koishack, I doubt any serious water gardener or ponder would want
to waste their time on message boards which have deteriorated to the
extent that rec.ponds, or scamericanponders have sunk

wrote:
Hello,
I live in Missouri and I have a small plastic pond tub approx.35 gal.
There are no fish,( well there was but they disappeared late summer we
suspect largebirds). We do have a few plants in containers and a few
floating. How do I winterize the pond to prevent the plastic liner
from cracking? And is it possible to keep the plants alive outside?
Please respond ASAP winter is upon us.

Thank you,
Karen