Old 16-11-2008, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default String beans

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Hard to say without seeing the beans but my guess is it's a fungus.
Under
your conditions there may be little that you can do about it.

David

Add some sulphur to the soil.

Are you going for a particular weight per surface area or a paricular pH
drop?

pH drop. The local nursery sold me some soil sulphur when I had fungal
root rot in my English Ivy. It worked. I just followed package
directions, then followed up two weeks later with some soil flora powder.
--
Peace! Om

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." -- Dalai Lama