Old 10-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Ted Byers

Default looking for Paph

"boochap" wrote in message
Hi!

I'm from the tropical Singapore who is *desparately* in love with the

paph.
But this plant is rather difficult to find if not very expensive to import
from my neighbouring countries, so that I can't really afford them. I'm
hoping if anybody would spare me some of their paph at an affordable cost

so
that I could start my very own collection. If you have available bulbs or
small plants, please, if it's possible for you and you like to help the
others, send me, and I'll be very grateful.

I don't have any paphs, but ...

As far as I am aware, no permit is required for orchid plant import into

my
country. So if you don't mind, I could pay you by cash or money order via
the paypal (www.paypal.com), including the shipping charge by the USPS.

Don't be too sure. You want to double check this with the appropriate
authorities. You are likely to require phytosanitary certificates, and
maybe other permits. A simple query regarding what documentation you need
should get you all the information you need to know WRT importing flowers.
And because of the ease of making such a query, ignorance of existing laws
and regulations will not likely be accepted as an excuse. And there are
international issues, like cites protections, to consider, and ensure you're
in full compliance.

Cheers,

Ted