Old 10-04-2003, 07:44 PM
boochap

Default looking for Paph

Hi!

I'm from the tropical Singapore who is *desparately* in love with the paph.
But this plant is rather difficult to find if not very expensive to import
from my neighbouring countries, so that I can't really afford them. I'm
hoping if anybody would spare me some of their paph at an affordable cost so
that I could start my very own collection. If you have available bulbs or
small plants, please, if it's possible for you and you like to help the
others, send me, and I'll be very grateful.

As far as I am aware, no permit is required for orchid plant import into my
country. So if you don't mind, I could pay you by cash or money order via
the paypal (www.paypal.com), including the shipping charge by the USPS.

Thank you.

regards.

Old 10-04-2003, 08:08 PM
Ted Byers

"boochap" wrote in message
Hi!

I'm from the tropical Singapore who is *desparately* in love with the

paph.
But this plant is rather difficult to find if not very expensive to import
from my neighbouring countries, so that I can't really afford them. I'm
hoping if anybody would spare me some of their paph at an affordable cost

so
that I could start my very own collection. If you have available bulbs or
small plants, please, if it's possible for you and you like to help the
others, send me, and I'll be very grateful.

I don't have any paphs, but ...

As far as I am aware, no permit is required for orchid plant import into

my
country. So if you don't mind, I could pay you by cash or money order via
the paypal (www.paypal.com), including the shipping charge by the USPS.

Don't be too sure. You want to double check this with the appropriate
authorities. You are likely to require phytosanitary certificates, and
maybe other permits. A simple query regarding what documentation you need
should get you all the information you need to know WRT importing flowers.
And because of the ease of making such a query, ignorance of existing laws
and regulations will not likely be accepted as an excuse. And there are
international issues, like cites protections, to consider, and ensure you're
in full compliance.

Cheers,

Ted

Old 12-04-2003, 11:44 AM
E.Bowden

I would be astounded if you didn't have import controls. I am not long
returned from Malaysia and there are warnings galore both in the airport and
even on the flight about trying to bring in plant and plant materials.
Penalties from what I recall were stiff. Given Singapore is only a 2 to 3
hour drive from KL airport where I landed, it just doesn't add up. I for
one would be very reluctant to upset the Singapore Authorities. They have a
reputation for being VERY strict.

Eric

p.s.

check out

http://www.ava.gov.sg/JAVASCRIPT/m7-option10.html

from that I see you need a certificate with evidence of chemical treatment.

There are hundreds of outlets for Orchids both in Singapore (from what I
have seen advertised) and certainly in Malaysia. The retail prices were not
much different to ours at home. I think it best if you swop and buy locally.

Old 13-04-2003, 12:44 PM
Dicky

Hi!
I wanted to answer your Question.
I suggest you to search Paphiopedilums in the net.
It will show you a lot of Websites. This can help you to find paphs. You can
buy paphs. in the net in those websites. Some paphs. :
conco-bellatulum, bellatulum, concolor, godefroyae, niveum,
armeniacum...etc.

I'm willing to receive your email if you have any question.
Regards,