Old 17-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Dave97 Dave97 is offline
Registered User

Default Cotoneaster roots causing structural damage?

I have a Cotoneaster growing against a wall of my house. It has been there for about 20 years and is about 10 ft tall and 10 foot wide. I prune it every year. However I am concerned that it's roots may be damaging the structure of the house wall. Several roots are pushing up a patio paving stone and there is also a small crack on the inside wall between the wall and ceiling inside the house but this may be caused by normal settlement of the property.
It is a lovely plant and gives us lots of pleasure so I don't want to lose it.
Does anyone know if the roots of this plant can cause structural damage please?
Thanks.

Dave