Old 17-11-2008, 08:15 PM
gds gds is offline
Registered User

Default Care of cherry tree

We've a morello cherry that we planted in the ground in March/ April, which happily fruited earlier in the year. But I have no clue how to care for it.

It's probably a 2-3 yr old, I think. I pruned it after harvest. Now the frosts are starting (last night - light air frost) how should I protect it? It's sheltered but away from the house. Should I fleece it? If so, how (loosely? branches/ trunk/ ground? anyone any pictures?) I am pretty much as novice as can be with gardening.

And how about greasing? I read this somewhere but don't really know what to do.

We're in Norfolk, btw.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.