Old 18-11-2008, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Nick is offline

Default Leaf wars

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

Oi !
goats are much maligned creatures. They are not smelly and contrary to
popular belief they will not eat anything that they can find to munch.
They are in fact very particular about their diet.
I have kept goats for 20 years or so and learned much from a lady goatherd
who had kept these wonderful creatures for 40 years prior to that.

Occasionally I use a Stihl gadget for blowing/sucking leaves but I think a
lawnrake does a better job and also provides the excuse for a well earned
pint afterwards.

Good luck
Nick.