Old 16-11-2008, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leaf wars

The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during the
past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the answer
with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly animal,
take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

Old 16-11-2008, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

How convenient - they have lined themselves up nicely to get sucked up !
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Old 16-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddymike View Post
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during the
past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the answer
with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly animal,
take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike
Great photos, especially the before and afters. I wish my garden was that tidy.
Old 16-11-2008, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete Stockdale" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

How convenient - they have lined themselves up nicely to get sucked up !
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Ok, so I had done a bit with the broom before taking the pictures.

Mike

Old 16-11-2008, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Pete Stockdale wrote:
"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

How convenient - they have lined themselves up nicely to get sucked up !
Regards
Pete
www.thecanalshop.com

Working in a school - 4 LARGE trees inc 2 Horse Chestnut & a London
Plane. BillyGoat is good but disposing of the leaves is a problem -
anyone want about 1.5 cubic metres of last years leaves?

Started about 8 weeks ago and nearly (London Plane excepted) finished -
thank heavens

Malcolm

Old 17-11-2008, 03:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote:

The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during the
past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the answer
with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly animal,
take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10554?sort=5

Your postcode is on display, and your back door's open!

--
Sleepalot aa #1385

Old 17-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Registered User

For an American take on the annual leaf problem, have a look at the "Which is better for the lawn over winter" thread on the "Lawns" section. It's hilarious.
Old 17-11-2008, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Janet Conroy writes

For an American take on the annual leaf problem, have a look at the
"Which is better for the lawn over winter" thread on the "Lawns"
section. It's hilarious.

I presume you are referring to a thread somewhere on gardenbanter?

Remember you are just looking at uk.rec.gardening from the gardenbanter
site, and those of us looking at urg by more conventional means may not
have a clue what you're on about.

--
Kay
Old 18-11-2008, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

Oi !
goats are much maligned creatures. They are not smelly and contrary to
popular belief they will not eat anything that they can find to munch.
They are in fact very particular about their diet.
I have kept goats for 20 years or so and learned much from a lady goatherd
who had kept these wonderful creatures for 40 years prior to that.

Occasionally I use a Stihl gadget for blowing/sucking leaves but I think a
lawnrake does a better job and also provides the excuse for a well earned
pint afterwards.

Good luck
Nick.

Old 18-11-2008, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sleepalot" wrote in message
"Muddymike" wrote:

The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the
past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the answer
with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly animal,
take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

http://share.ovi.com/media/Muddymike...e.10554?sort=5

Your postcode is on display, and your back door's open!

Yes but there is a guy with a camera just behind you :-) Not to mention the
guard dog on her bed just inside that door.

Mike

Old 18-11-2008, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Nick" contains these words:
"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Oi !
goats are much maligned creatures. They are not smelly

If you think that, you've never had a billy goat. Friends of very long
standing came over one Christmas and Mrs. Friend was warned not to touch
Gruff. She flung her arms round him.

Remember, this was Christmas...

Friends returned to Ingatestone (Chelmsford-ish) from Norfolk in their
Triumph TRsomething-or-other, with the hood down, the (duffel) coat
wrapped in several (concentric) dustbin bags, bags on the rack on the
boot lid.

They could smell billy-goat all the way home.

The coat was washed half a dozen times, then burnt...

"They are not smelly"???

and contrary to
popular belief they will not eat anything that they can find to munch.

This is true, but they generally have a taste to see if it's worthwhile.

They are in fact very particular about their diet.
I have kept goats for 20 years or so and learned much from a lady goatherd
who had kept these wonderful creatures for 40 years prior to that.

Yes, I had a herd of nine. Houdini was an amateur in comparison.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 18-11-2008, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick" wrote in message

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Mike

Oi !
goats are much maligned creatures. They are not smelly

This tells me you have never kept a stud Billy goat.

We kept goats for many years including a pet (don't ask why) castrated
Billy. That Billy and the Nannies we kept were a joy and certainly not
smelly. Whenever we took a Nanny to the stud Billy we made sure we wore old
clothes as accidentally coming into contact with him or even with the Nanny
when she came home. The smell made artificial insemination a very attractive
option :-)

Mike

Old 18-11-2008, 05:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote:

"Sleepalot" wrote in message
.. .

Your postcode is on display, and your back door's open!

Yes but there is a guy with a camera just behind you :-) Not to mention the
guard dog on her bed just inside that door.

Mike

Just so long as you know.

--
Sleepalot aa #1385

Leaf wars Muddymike United Kingdom 6 30-10-2007 08:58 AM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
A 'miracle' in the forest: Deal to save old trees shows there's room for compromise in timber wars Aozotorp alt.forestry 0 01-08-2003 07:42 PM
Newbie: Bindweed Wars Dr. HackenSack United Kingdom 10 17-06-2003 07:56 AM
Stars Wars logging machine? Larry Harrell alt.forestry 9 19-12-2002 10:54 PM