Old 18-11-2008, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge Rusty_Hinge is offline

Default Leaf wars

The message
from "Nick" contains these words:
"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
The annual leaf wars came to a head this weekend. The high winds during
the past week brought them down in their millions. Luckily I have the
answer with my trusty Billy Goat. That's the noisy machine not the smelly
animal, take a look at.
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.Garden

Oi !
goats are much maligned creatures. They are not smelly

If you think that, you've never had a billy goat. Friends of very long
standing came over one Christmas and Mrs. Friend was warned not to touch
Gruff. She flung her arms round him.

Remember, this was Christmas...

Friends returned to Ingatestone (Chelmsford-ish) from Norfolk in their
Triumph TRsomething-or-other, with the hood down, the (duffel) coat
wrapped in several (concentric) dustbin bags, bags on the rack on the
boot lid.

They could smell billy-goat all the way home.

The coat was washed half a dozen times, then burnt...

"They are not smelly"???

and contrary to
popular belief they will not eat anything that they can find to munch.

This is true, but they generally have a taste to see if it's worthwhile.

They are in fact very particular about their diet.
I have kept goats for 20 years or so and learned much from a lady goatherd
who had kept these wonderful creatures for 40 years prior to that.

Yes, I had a herd of nine. Houdini was an amateur in comparison.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig