Old 23-02-2003, 08:15 PM
jammer

Default Iris and mulch

Hmm..ok, thank you so much.

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003 16:22:12 GMT, animaux
wrote:

I should probably read the other responses, but iris don't so much spread as
they increase. About every three years they need to be divided or their
blooming is greatly diminished. I divide mine in early spring, which is
somewhere around Feb. 15 for us. Matter of fact, I just did mine a few weeks
ago.

I also added about 4 different varieties. Iris are so beautiful and easy.

If you cover with mulch, try not to cover the rhizome. That part of the plant
needs to be out of the soil. If you plant them or cover them too deeply, you
could also delay or restrict blooming.

Victoria

jammer