Old 21-11-2008, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
dave a dave a is offline

Default Irrigation winterizing

Mensur wrote:
I have an irrigation system that I need to winterize. In the past I
used to hire a guy who installed the sprinklers but since I already
have the compressor and everything else I need, I'd rather save $70.
I've seen him hook up the compressor somewhere on the back low but I
don't know where. I was hoping that someone would be able to tell me
where to attach it and if there is anything else special I would need
to do.

Here are some pictures of my backflow:

http://www.medicfamily.com/tmp/DSC02319.JPG
http://www.medicfamily.com/tmp/DSC02320.JPG
http://www.medicfamily.com/tmp/DSC02321.JPG

Thanks!

Well, you would first Google Wilkins Zurn to find the manufacturer's
website. Then you would use the search tool on that website to find the
975XL backflow preventer. Finally you would download the Installation,
Testing, and Maintenance Instructions. The diagrams provided would then
clearly indicate that you can attach your compressor to Test Cock #4.
You would, of course, also want to know what pressure is acceptable to
use by referring to the specification page.

Or you could just pay the guy $70 to do the work for you. Heck, for $50
bucks I'll send you the pdf since I already did the work to find the
little bit of information for you.

- dave a