Old 22-11-2008, 07:40 PM posted to aus.gardens
jules jules is offline

Default New Frog Pond

I think you'll have trouble getting tadpoles from somewhere else mainly
because I think it's illegal to take them from anywhere now! I think the
frogs will turn up sooner or later. It would have been sooner if we were
still in the middle of the drought but I suspect they have more water
sources to choose from at the moment, and I also suspect their numbers
haven't built up yet. My place has been visited by frogs (I don't have a
pond) but not very many yet. Be patient, they'll turn up. Enjoy the pond
and minnows in the meantime. Have you got water plants??

crusher wrote:
Gidday - Have set up frog pond but no frogs yet. Put 10 white
mountain minnows in, and they are alive and kicking. I will just wait
till frogs hop in and do their stuff or has anyone got info on where I
can get Westmead/Parramatta tadpoles? Thanks