Old 23-11-2008, 08:03 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Paul E. Lehmann[_3_] Paul E. Lehmann[_3_] is offline

Default Community Garden

I am considering suggesting a community garden to the city fathers here in
small town Central Maryland. I would like to know where this has been done
and or any suggestions as to how to go about it. I think the city has some
land that is not dedicated for any use. I think it would be a great
learning experience, especially if a master gardener could get involved and
offer classes and training. With the economy the way it is, more people
are going to have to learn on how to do some basic food growing themselves.
It would also provide something for kids to do during the summer when school
is not in session - besides sitting on their posterior and playing video
games.