Old 25-11-2008, 07:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
sherwin dubren sherwin dubren is offline

Default First Catalog

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
gonzo said:

The prices in Pinetree are ridiculous.. low. Any opinions
customer service and quality? I see where some (Diva cuke) are pkts
of 20 seeds, but these prices make me wonder where my head was at the
past few seasons.

I can afford to try new stuff again!

Good quality seed. Friendly customer service. Number of seeds in a
packet can be less than some other seed companies, but often enough
for two or three seasons. And the prices are certainly low enough to
allow for experimentation.

Their live plants have been good, too. As have the potatoes.

I too have ordered vegetable seeds for several years from Pine Tree
and generally have had good luck with them. Their non-hybrid or
Heritage seeds can be gathered from bearing fruit for replanting
the following season. Just put in an order for 20 bucks of seeds,
but that was for over fifteen packets averaging a bit over one
dollar each.

Sherwin