Old 28-11-2008, 07:49 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Sacred Bamboo

"jones" wrote in message

I like the idea of Nandina Sacred Bamboo as a fence screen. It has soft
feathery leaves.

Any thoughts about this plant. The magazine says it is non-invasive.

Snort! Which magazine was that. I'd like to know so I can avoid ever
wasting money on it.

Has
anyone got it in their yard, and if so, are you happy with it?

Well you can't kill it with any herbicide I've ever found, you can't stop it
finding its way into the septic system and blocking it up every few years
but it does give great umbrella to put over young seedlings till they have a
chance to establish themselves.

I'd never, ever plant it voluntarily but as I can't kill the mongrel stuff,
I use it.