Old 02-12-2008, 02:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ross McKay[_2_] Ross McKay[_2_] is offline

Default Mulberry flowering and fruiting

On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 12:03:14 +1100, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

What time of year does the black mulberry flower? Books say November to
January and I recall from childhood we had fruit by Xmas. I have fine
healthy specimens 2m tall with no sign of flowers yet. How much is the time
influence by climate and location or cultivar?

G'day David, ours from a bit further south than yours also hasn't done
much this year. Usually it would have fruited and been picked and eaten
by now, but I only saw a few fruit there this year (and the birds/bats
got most of those).
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Tuesday is Soylent Green day"