Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Redesigning the Pond

On Dec 3, 8:50 am, Dude wrote:
Your pond improvements look nice. You will enjoy the increase in
space.

You are right. Water flows down hill. Equal levels will mean no
flow.

Most of us have set ups where a pump or a siphon hose is needed to
empty the whole pond. That is not so bad if you ever get a leak or a
filter overflow.

You will bless the day you put a drain at the low point. Muck can be
grabbed and dropped by the water in your filter or veggie filter. (We
went that route and love it!...see our pond site in our profile) You
will not need to do much vacuuming if your drain is at the low point.
Fish swimming will push the muck to the drain.

We share your liking of cheaper solutions!

Jim