Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gopher Gopher is offline

Default Turnpike off topic

In message
,
Judith in France writes
You might remember that I asked whether I can still use Turnpike as I
was no longer with Demon. The opinion was divided and all seemed to
hinge on whether or not I had a Universal licence. A very clever chap
took a look at my posting on urg about 12 years ago and from the
information given in the header, could say, confidently, that I had a
Universal Licence, yipee!!!! Now all I want is the site ID from Demon
so that I can start using it.

Judith

Hello Judith,

I've been following your journey in demon.ip.turnpike.support and your
tapping of the pool of knowledge and help available there. FWIW I am an
ex Demonite having been with them since 1994-ish and received TP when I
first set up my small "system". I upgraded as newer versions came out
and stopped at TP6.05 which I still have hence no fee was/is necessary
as I had the original U licence. I had no disks or any support data when
I swapped to Zen but found my site ID somehow - I cannot recall exactly
from where but will try to check back to find out how. If I'm successful
I'll let you know. I seem to recall it was extremely simple. Anyway, TP
works perfectly with my new ISP -- so don't give up hope. Messrs Hall,
Clayton etc. will come to the rescue ... I feel sure.

Good luck,
--
Gopher .... I know my place!