Old 07-12-2008, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Turnpike off topic

You might remember that I asked whether I can still use Turnpike as I
was no longer with Demon. The opinion was divided and all seemed to
hinge on whether or not I had a Universal licence. A very clever chap
took a look at my posting on urg about 12 years ago and from the
information given in the header, could say, confidently, that I had a
Universal Licence, yipee!!!! Now all I want is the site ID from Demon
so that I can start using it.

Judith
Old 07-12-2008, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
Judith in France writes
You might remember that I asked whether I can still use Turnpike as I
was no longer with Demon. The opinion was divided and all seemed to
hinge on whether or not I had a Universal licence. A very clever chap
took a look at my posting on urg about 12 years ago and from the
information given in the header, could say, confidently, that I had a
Universal Licence, yipee!!!! Now all I want is the site ID from Demon
so that I can start using it.

Judith

Hello Judith,

I've been following your journey in demon.ip.turnpike.support and your
tapping of the pool of knowledge and help available there. FWIW I am an
ex Demonite having been with them since 1994-ish and received TP when I
first set up my small "system". I upgraded as newer versions came out
and stopped at TP6.05 which I still have hence no fee was/is necessary
as I had the original U licence. I had no disks or any support data when
I swapped to Zen but found my site ID somehow - I cannot recall exactly
from where but will try to check back to find out how. If I'm successful
I'll let you know. I seem to recall it was extremely simple. Anyway, TP
works perfectly with my new ISP -- so don't give up hope. Messrs Hall,
Clayton etc. will come to the rescue ... I feel sure.

Good luck,
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writesYou might remember that I asked whether I can still use Turnpike as I
[...]

Hi, nice to se you in here. Thanks for the info above, I am hopeful
that I will get the site ID and then I can dump Google, it has its
good points but I prefer Turnpike. At least the question over the
licence was solved, I do have a Universal Licence which means I don't
have to buy another.

Why not stay and tell us about your gardening exploits?

Judith
Old 07-12-2008, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
Judith in France writes
On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Got it! Both your Site ID and Site Key are in Connect.ini, which should
be located in the Turnpike folder in Program Files. Just double click
the file and it will open into Notepad. But **don't** change anything in
there.

Hope this helps.
--
Gopher .... I know my place!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 7, 10:46 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes

On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
[...]

I'm going to email you, thank you.

Judith

Old 08-12-2008, 02:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 8, 1:38 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:09:24 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:46 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes

On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Using Turnpike after all that? )
--

Martin

You stop that lol I am hedging my bets, Mozzila whatsit and
Turnpike!!!! Now, if you lived closer, you could have done it for me,
quickly!!

Judith
Old 08-12-2008, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 8, 3:20 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 06:51:16 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:38 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:09:24 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:46 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes

On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
[...]

Squander EUR 10/annum on news.individual.net

Now, if you lived closer, you could have done it for me,
quickly!!

Say no more nudge, nudge, wink, wink know what I mean gov.
--

Martin

LOL I have just had a lovely email from Dave English of Turnpike
giving me my site ID etc., can you believe that??? So it is confirmed
I don't have to pay for Turnpike as I have a Universal Licence.
Thanks also are due to all who helped on Turnpike and also on this
group. Anyway, never mind that guv business, I might just send you my
laptop to do it for me, a bottle of Dutch beer in it for you :-)

Judith
Old 09-12-2008, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 8, 10:14 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:22:32 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 8, 1:38 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 02:09:24 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 7, 10:46 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
Judith in France writes

On Dec 7, 12:13 pm, Gopher wrote:
In message
,
[...]

You can be so cruel sometimes.
--

Martin

LOL I'm off to London in 5 minutes, sall I bring you back a bottle of
beer then? To keep on topic, what can I buy there now, that I can
plant on my return, bulbs wise as the French bulbs are pretty
expensive?

Judith