Old 07-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hi,

I have a Fatsia which I kept indoors for most of last winter (I bought
it during winter) and it did well.

I kept it outside in the summer and it grew brilliantly but I've brought
it in as it's in a pot and there is no shelter in my outside space -
it's completely exposed to wind and frost.

Problem is, it's definitely suffering indoors. It looks as dry as hell
and big holes are forming on the leaves. I can't find any insects on it
causing this, but is there anything I can do?

It does get very harsh on my terrace so I'm reluctant to put it outside.

Thanks for any help,

Tom.
Fatsias are outdoor plants. I had one in W Yorks in an exposed, north-facing garden which grew like mad for many years. I think it needs to be in the ground, not a pot - they have pretty extensive root systems