Old 11-04-2003, 01:20 AM
starlia

Default Easier to care for lawn? Is it possible?

I am looking at a grass that seems too good to be true. It is located at
the Alamo. I'm not sure the exact kind, but can get the information. It
will stay green year round, is resistant to drought, does not require
watering, and will crowd out all other grasses and weeds. It propagates
fast and will invade your neighbor's lawns. I spoke with my counterparts
for the City of San Antonio and found out they love the grass.

If anyone is interested, please send me an email and I'll post the website
and my findings.

"Freeda" wrote in message
I have a big patch of St Aug in a lot I mow once a year (late winter)

never
water or fertilize and while it does go brown sometimes during late summer
it is the lushest healthiest grass I have. Of course it's 8 inches tall
but consider it a "ground cover" and you're set.

Fred

Steve Ravet wrote in :

St. Augustine will crowd out the bermuda eventually. But you'll have to
water it in the summer, and you can't seed it. St. Augustine isn't as
thirsty as some people would have you believe, and it'll brown out a
little in the peak of the summer. There may be some zoysia or other
that would also do well, but my experience has been with St. Augustine.