Old 09-12-2008, 03:36 PM
mojacarkev mojacarkev is offline
Registered User

hi there, we have a fatsia which we originally had as a house plant around 6 years ago, it grew too big for the bathroom where it lived and i transplanted it into the front garden the following year, it is quite happy in the garden with no special treatment apart from a quick trim each year and now stands around 7 foot high and spans a good 5 1/2 feet, have recently found out that if you trim off the fruits the leaves grow larger if you leave the fruits on the leaves get a little stunted, so i guess they ok for outside and stand up to high winds and frosts very well apart from the occasional black leaf (frostbite) the wife calls it but trim it off and all is well, have fun kev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hi,

I have a Fatsia which I kept indoors for most of last winter (I bought
it during winter) and it did well.

I kept it outside in the summer and it grew brilliantly but I've brought
it in as it's in a pot and there is no shelter in my outside space -
it's completely exposed to wind and frost.

Problem is, it's definitely suffering indoors. It looks as dry as hell
and big holes are forming on the leaves. I can't find any insects on it
causing this, but is there anything I can do?

It does get very harsh on my terrace so I'm reluctant to put it outside.

Thanks for any help,

Tom.