Old 09-12-2008, 08:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default What a beautiful afternoon

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote
I was even inspired to go and turn my compost heap, and dug out half a
wheelbarrow of nice crumbly stuff from the bottom, do a little hoeing, and
moved a fence in front of the compost heap, ( I have two boxes side by
side) now they are not so unsightly. I was glad to go inside though, my
nose was all cold!

I spent the afternoon knocking off the last leaves and pruning the
Wisteria hard, it's quite large, runs across the front of the house, and
tidying up the front garden. Then trying to get the resultant rubbish
into my Defender van so I can take it down the tip tomorrow. Too much for
our two wooden compost bins on the allotment.
Didn't notice the cold till I stopped.

Now then Bob. No true land Rover owner would call his Defender a "van"

Mike