Old 12-12-2008, 02:25 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Warning rec.gardens subject headers are being changed.

Dan L. wrote:

Back Again ....

It was indeed my newsreader that was corrupt. I will fix it.

SORRY about the posting. I of all people should have done greater
diagnosing. So please ignore this header. I have a feeling many ignore
my postings anyway, they are the smart ones

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Dan,

It might be worthwhile to others to say (if you can find out) what
happened to your newsreader.

Some newsreaders are not very safe to use any longer on the net because
they have security holes that aren't being patched (and this is a
constant battle with hackers and malware spammers).

One that I can highly recommend is the Thunderbird (make sure that you
get the latest version) mail/newsreader package. The companion browser
to use with it is Firefox (version 3). Firefox provides better security
than Microsoft's Internet Explorer. No matter which mail/newsreader and
browser you use make sure that you have a good virus/security package
and keep it up to date.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL