Old 12-12-2008, 04:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_3_] Paddy's Pig[_3_] is offline

Default One of my little pals

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message

Hello! Good to see you - and him/her - again :-)

Hi Mary. Yeah - this is a him.

Am I right in thinking it's a rufus? I want to make sure it's in the right
file.

No this is an Anna's Hummer. The Rufus is sort of a coppery color and its
gorget is a different color.

Actually it's sort of hard to tell what color this bird is in these two
shots because the lighting was far from ideal. It was darkening late
afternoon. The setting sun was behind him - making all his front side in a
shadow area - so he looks more like a flying silhouette than the colorful
little 3-dimensional creature he is.

Anyway, I'll tell him you said hello.
--
Pat Durkin