Old 13-12-2008, 01:07 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Warning rec.gardens subject headers are being changed.

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 11:34:42 -0500, "Dan L."
wrote:

I have noticed that spammers are changing the newsgroup subject headers.

"Brrrr..."
was changed to
"If I can make $5,000+ Every Month for My Opinions, So Can YOU!"

and

" Freeze, water before or don't water before?"
was changed to
"Non Woven Fabrics for Insulation"

If you are like me one tends to mark their subject headers to all read.
The next time you look for the subject header "###", you think there
are no responses. Therefore ending the thread to the topic, no responses.

I have found this to be the case with many of the postings here on
rec.gardens newsgroup. In the past spammers seemed to always create a
new header, not change old ones.

If you have posted a new posting, others may not know of it because a
spammer has changed the subject header thread.

I find this very troublesome!
I will repost this if a spammer changes my subject header.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

Have not seen what you describe. Mt thread headers are fine. I
still have active kill filters, so maybe they are doing the job.