Old 15-12-2008, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
bobharvey bobharvey is offline

Default Poinsettia

On 14 Dec, 23:21, Malcolm wrote:
My wife was given a poinsttia (from Sainsburys) just under a week ago.
It is at floor level in a centrally heated room and about six feet from
the window. *It is dropping what appear to be heathy leaves at an
alarming rate. *It is not overwatered (compost is just damp)

What does the panel think?

I bought one from the local independent garden centre, and it is
dropping leaves. I suspect the 'cold shock' of carrying it from the
coldhouse to the car and then from the car into a warm house. I
bought it on the frostiest day we had (The only day I had off work).

Plan B is to buy another on the 23rd. Let the professionals struggle
to keep it alive.