Old 16-12-2008, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] treestaking@comcast.net is offline

Default Mulch

On Dec 15, 6:20*pm, dave a wrote:
wrote:
I am working on writing articles for associations..Please review and
comment.

Mulch, Trees and Woody Shrubs
About Mulch

[section snipped out]

In addition,
animal feces and animals that have died also constitute the mulch in a
forest. *This amounts to the ingredients which make up the horizons in
the soil. *This is where trees receive their genetic makeup. *
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
and
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
Watch out for so-called tree experts who do not understand tree
biology.

Really? *I thought plants received their genetic makeup from seeds. *How
do plants receive their DNA from soil?

Your advice about so-called experts is right on.

Good question (your name?)

First allow me to say I do not have that answer. I have wondered what
came first. A nurse log may have be introduced about the same time as
the seed.
What we believed is that if we had a bowl, we are not going to get
into where the bowl came from, and we had a given amount of STEW.
Space Temp Elements Water (STEW) that a system will develop to
optimize the sun’s light energy. A trees vigor or genetic codes were
in place when they were designed, I believe. Kind of a religious
area. We effect the vitality of the trees (not vigor) by our
treatments. When any part of the STEW begins to be lacking then we
move to stress. Stress meaning when a system begins to operate at or
about the level in which it was designed. When it goes beyond the
point that it breaks or is not reversible then we say we have strain.
When the slinky is pulled and when let go it returns to original
position it was stressed. When the spring is pulled so far it no
longer returns it is what we call strain. I believe trees came in
groups. Sorry about the grammer.

John