Old 21-12-2008, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_3_] 'Mike'[_3_] is offline

Default Wild lupins NZ

--
..
"Sacha" wrote in message
Given what slugs do to lupins in our garden, the wild ones we saw in NZ
made
me nearly sick with envy. They're regarded as a terrible weed there, as
is
the 'escaped' Cytisus but to us visitors they were a joy to behold and we
saw them everywhere. But this was the most remarkable display and must
have
run for a mile or more on the road to Milford Sound. The scent of them
filled the car.
http://i41.tinypic.com/330y4gl.jpg

--
Sacha

We have them growing wild here on the Isle of Wight. Anyone familiar with
the beautiful Cliff Walk from Sandown to Shanklin, (I live just a few yards
from it) will know of the area between the path and the Cliff Edge which is
where Wild Lupins and many other 'ex' garden plants grow. Why 'ex' garden
plants? With erosion of the Cliff over the many years, I assume that once
upon a very long time ago these were in fact the gardens of the houses.

Mike