Old 11-04-2003, 03:20 AM
Gary Woods

Default Snow!

Hussein M. wrote:

Records seem to be being broken with monotonous regularity these
days. Coldest since, hottest since etc.

Sign o' the times.

Next you're going to be telling me that those Jehovah's Witnesses that
periodically show up at my door are right; that these are the End Times.

I'm one of those Americans, and I've been doing precious little whining.
I've got much bigger things worth whining about, and I'm finally accepting
even that. Not that I'm thrilled with the mixed bag this spring, but
because I accept that nature is like that. It gives me a certain
subversive glee that we can't do anything about the weather, and can't even
predict it at all well.

As some sci-fi story put it:

"All the same, Orion shall rise."

And the garlic is peeping through the rapidly melting snow.

Life is good.