Old 23-12-2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default Winter Solstice Greetings

Sheldon wrote in
.
com:

enigma wrote:
Sheldon wrote:

Snow is finally stopping:

http://i40.tinypic.com/280axi.jpg

do you use the tractor to clear the snow, or do you also have a
plow truck or snow blower?
we got 30" +/-, but it's really blowy so some places are
very de

ep
& some are only a few inches.

I have a monster plow mounted on my tractor's front loader:

http://i42.tinypic.com/fdwyn5.jpg

i have a plow for the pickup truck, but when it's deep it's easier
to use the tractor bucket. the road plow left a 4 foot bank at the
end of the driveway, but that was easy enough to pick up with the
bucket & move across the street & dump over the bank on that side.
it looks like you got more snow than we did though... although the
llamas are up to their bellies & the goats are not straying from
the paths the llamas make (which is good because my entire back
fence is maybe 2' high from branches falling in the ice storm.)
lee