Old 27-12-2008, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Argyrathemum still holding on.

"Bookworm" wrote in message
I have a yellow Argyranthemum in a pot outside my front door that is
still holding on even though we have had frosts down to about -3c.
They are said to be tender. Are they developing a tendency to be
slightly hardy?

I have a yellow one planted out in the garden (SE London). It's survived
two winters so far, and going strong. I shall be taking cuttings in spring.
I took summer cuttings, but subsequently gave these to the neighbour who
provided my plant (their cuttings all failed, as did their parent plant).
Hopefully, I shall be able to grow on a few more healthy plants. The
original plant is now woody at the base; probably part of the reason it's
survived so well. It still has flowers on it now! Gorgeous.

Spider