Old 21-12-2008, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Argyrathemum still holding on.

I have a yellow Argyranthemum in a pot outside my front door that is
still holding on even though we have had frosts down to about -3c.
They are said to be tender. Are they developing a tendency to be
slightly hardy?
Old 21-12-2008, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bookworm" wrote in message
I have a yellow Argyranthemum in a pot outside my front door that is
still holding on even though we have had frosts down to about -3c.
They are said to be tender. Are they developing a tendency to be
slightly hardy?

It may well be that your plant is being shaded by the house somewhat and
also that some warmth is percolating to it from the warm house. Every
little helps.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 27-12-2008, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bookworm" wrote in message
I have a yellow Argyranthemum in a pot outside my front door that is
still holding on even though we have had frosts down to about -3c.
They are said to be tender. Are they developing a tendency to be
slightly hardy?

I have a yellow one planted out in the garden (SE London). It's survived
two winters so far, and going strong. I shall be taking cuttings in spring.
I took summer cuttings, but subsequently gave these to the neighbour who
provided my plant (their cuttings all failed, as did their parent plant).
Hopefully, I shall be able to grow on a few more healthy plants. The
original plant is now woody at the base; probably part of the reason it's
survived so well. It still has flowers on it now! Gorgeous.

Spider

holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 08:53 AM
holding tank pmwebdesigns Ponds 0 25-03-2004 04:16 AM
holding pond net down k conover Ponds 0 13-01-2004 07:33 PM
How long in dark holding tank?? Toni Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 14-06-2003 12:20 PM
Holding new roses in pots until the weather cooperates Tim B Roses 9 09-03-2003 08:09 PM