Old 31-12-2008, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Arthurium problems

"Janet Conroy" wrote in message

I was given this houseplant 3 weeks ago. When I unwrapped it it was
totally pot-bound, with roots coming out of the compost and it looked
very unhappy. I took it back to the shop and was told that they only
flower when potbound and was advised to keep it somewhere warm and
light. Many of the leaves have since turned brown and crispy and most
of the flowers have gone from red to purple and are dying fast. There
is no sign of any infestation. Any comments/advice?

--
Janet Conroy

I wonder if it got chilled in transit? ... although I wouldn't have thought
that would cause crispiness. Sounds very sad.

Spider