Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rubber Plant Losing Leaves

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:11:50 +0000, TartanNeil
wrote:

About a month ago I got a rubber plant. It looked healthy and had leaves
from top to bottom. It has recently lost a lot of leaves from the
bottom. At first I had it in a shady room but have since moved it to a
brighter room as i was told it was not getting enough light. However
the leaves continue to drop off. Any help on how to revive my plant
most appreciated.

There is a photo if you click on the link below.
http://tinyurl.com/7tqf9a

Thanks

Neil

Rubber plants are rather finicky, like to drop their bottom leaves and
don't like to be moved or touched. It's tempting to water an ailing
plant--be careful about overwatering, especially during winter. I
have not had any success air-layering rubber plants, but this
procedure is mentioned in many books.