Old 31-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Registered User

Default Rubber Plant Losing Leaves

About a month ago I got a rubber plant. It looked healthy and had leaves from top to bottom. It has recently lost a lot of leaves from the bottom. At first I had it in a shady room but have since moved it to a brighter room as i was told it was not getting enough light. However the leaves continue to drop off. Any help on how to revive my plant most appreciated.

There is a photo if you click on the link below.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3125/...985ab6d4_o.jpg

Thanks

Neil
Old 31-12-2008, 09:38 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Dec 31, 9:11�am, TartanNeil
wrote:
About a month ago I got a rubber plant. It looked healthy and had leaves
from top to bottom. It has recently lost a lot of leaves from the
bottom. At first I had it in a shady room but have since moved it to a
brighter room as i was told it was not getting enough light. However
the leaves continue to drop off. Any help on how to revive my plant
most appreciated.

There is a photo if you click on the link below.http://tinyurl.com/7tqf9a

Why is that sucker in there draining the strength from the parent
plant... and couldn't you find a smaller pot? Next time leaves fall
off maybe this will help: http://tinyurl.com/8welxl

Old 01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheldon[_1_] View Post
On Dec 31, 9:11�am, TartanNeil
wrote:
About a month ago I got a rubber plant. It looked healthy and had leaves
from top to bottom. It has recently lost a lot of leaves from the
bottom. At first I had it in a shady room but have since moved it to a
brighter room as i was told it was not getting enough light. However
the leaves continue to drop off. Any help on how to revive my plant
most appreciated.

There is a photo if you click on the link below.http://tinyurl.com/7tqf9a

Why is that sucker in there draining the strength from the parent
plant... and couldn't you find a smaller pot? Next time leaves fall
off maybe this will help: http://tinyurl.com/8welxl
Ha ha!

I thought it was all one plant. So what's the way ahead? Should I repot and discard the "sucker"?
Old 02-01-2009, 12:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 14:11:50 +0000, TartanNeil
wrote:

About a month ago I got a rubber plant. It looked healthy and had leaves
from top to bottom. It has recently lost a lot of leaves from the
bottom. At first I had it in a shady room but have since moved it to a
brighter room as i was told it was not getting enough light. However
the leaves continue to drop off. Any help on how to revive my plant
most appreciated.

There is a photo if you click on the link below.
http://tinyurl.com/7tqf9a

Thanks

Neil

Rubber plants are rather finicky, like to drop their bottom leaves and
don't like to be moved or touched. It's tempting to water an ailing
plant--be careful about overwatering, especially during winter. I
have not had any success air-layering rubber plants, but this
procedure is mentioned in many books.