Old 03-01-2009, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Veg Growing

wrote in message
On Nov 5 2008, 9:02 am, Broadback wrote:
Crop rotation is I good theory, but I find it nigh impossible. I just
don't use equal areas of land for each type of crop! anyone ideas to get
around this problem?

Crop rotation doesn't need to be all that rigid. If you run out of space in
the bean plot and put a row of beans where the beans were last year, it's
not going to hurt. What is bad is continually growing the same crop in the
same place year after year, because the nutrients become depleted, and pests
and diseases can concentrate there.

We all bung stuff in where we can towards the end of planting when space is
tight. Don't worry about it.

Steve