Old 06-01-2009, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roy Bailey Roy Bailey is offline

Default Killing tree suckers

I have a large number of plum suckers growing up around the sites of old
trees that have been felled, and also many sycamore saplings too big to
dig out - all of which I wish to permanently remove.

Some years ago I was able to get a crystalline product which was spread
onto the stump immediately after cutting and which effectively killed
the whole thing, but this does not appear to be available any more.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to a suitable replacement? It
doesn't have to be organic, but the less toxic the better.

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.