Old 09-01-2009, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Onions

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...

"p. pleater" wrote ...
I'm about to order onion sets and got to thinking about which has the
best keeping qualities.
I'm not looking for giant show size specimens, just reliable bog standard
cookers, but, all things being equal long storage life is of prime
importance to us.

Your thoughts and recommendations would be very much appreciated.

We have found the French type called Jermor quite good in that respect and
it's also superb in the kitchen.

What am I thinking about, that's a shallot not an onion. Too much Scotch
obviously!

--
Regards
Bob Hobden