Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cerumen[_3_] Cerumen[_3_] is offline

Default Onion planting times

In ,
Pam Moore manipulated the keyboard to produce
this pearl of wisdom
There are varying bits of advice on when onions should be planted, and
I just plant when the opportunity arrises!
"Plant on the shortest day, harvest on the longest day".
I always thought that applied to shallots.

Plant both onions and shallots at the same time and it always seems to work,
I have heard though that some people advocate not planting onions untill the
ground is warmer, "warm enough to sit on with a naked bum" one saying has it
but then you may never plant them.

--
Chris
West Cork, Ireland